About the Scholarship Program
Students Without Mothers is dedicated to helping high school students without mothers help themselves by empowering them to continue their education. The organization’s main purpose is to provide scholarships for college bound high school seniors who are without their mothers due to death or other unfortunate circumstances.
Each student receives a $4,000 scholarship (disbursed in annual payments of $1,000, if the student continues to meet the criteria for re-qualifying as outlined in the Scholarship Renewals section).
• Students must be a current resident of Georgia
• Priority is given to students attending high school in the 12 County Metro Atlanta Area of
(Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Henry, Gwinnett, Rockdale)
• Must be planning to attend a two or four year institution of higher learning
• Must participate in organizationâ€™s Life Coaching Program to aid in preparing for college
• The mother is not in home; either due to death, or other unfortunate circumstances
For a one-year period only (Sept. 1 thru Dec. 31 2016) applications will be accepted from both high school seniors and juniors. Senior recipients will be awarded scholarships at the June 2017 luncheon and Juniors will be pre-selected for participation in the Life Coaching Program for preparation to receive scholarships at the June 2018 Scholarship Luncheon.
Scholarship winners are encouraged to pay it forward. After successful completion of the program they are asked to give back in some way by either donating their time or providing financial support to future scholarship recipients.
For more information visit http://www.studentswithoutmothers.org/scholarshipProgram.htm.