The Dream Award is Scholarship America’s renewable scholarship program for financially needy students who have overcome barriers and have successfully started their college education. Awards were made to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school; the scholarships are both renewable and increase in amount each year. Scholarship America provides Dream Awards ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 based on the individual student’s financial need. Each student’s award will increase by $1,000 each year to help them successfully finish school and earn their degrees.
Dream Award scholarships for 2017-18 will include general scholarships, STEM-specific scholarships (for study in science, technology, engineering and math-related majors) and the World Journal Dream Award Scholarship for Chinese American students. Financial need will always be considered in determining award amounts.
2017-18 Dream Award applications are open through December 15!
To apply for a 2017-18 Dream Award when applications open, students must:
- Have received a high school diploma or equivalent from a U.S. school
- Be planning to complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by the end of the 2016 academic year
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore-year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2017-18 academic year
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent resident (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood
Visit: https://www.scholarsapply.org/dreamaward/ for more information.