LEDA is searching the nation for the next Cohort of 100 exceptional students to become LEDA Scholars. Each year, LEDA recruits 100 qualified high school juniors who show leadership potential but may lack the exposure and support needed to apply to selective colleges.
Personalized support includes:
• one-on-one counseling
• letters of recommendation
• feedback on application essays
• support applying for financial aid and scholarships
Continuing support through college and beyond including:
• academic and career counseling
• peer mentoring
• internship and job opportunities
• community events
1. Currently enrolled as a junior (11th grade student) in a public high school
2. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
The Application Process
The admissions process consists of three rounds. After each round, an applicant’s submitted material will be evaluated by LEDA staff and a decision will be made as to whether or not the applicant will advance to the next round. Applicants must successfully complete each portion (Part I, Part II, and an interview) to be admitted to the LEDA Scholars Program. LEDA’s review process is holistic, which means that all parts of an application will be considered before making a decision.