Fall 2017 is September 29, 2017
Spring 2018 is December 15, 2017
Summer 2018 is March 30, 2018
Trade Five Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors entering a TCSG institution in a field of study leading to a high demand career in the skilled trades. These scholarships are made available by a collaborative effort of Trade Five, and the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). Trade Five Scholarships can be used to cover tuition, requisite fees and materials.
In order to qualify for a scholarship provided through the Trade Five Foundation, an applicant must:
1. be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state of Georgia;
2. be a graduating 2017 high school senior from a Georgia high school;
3. be admitted to or enrolled in a TCSG institution at the time of funding award in one of the following program areas that prepare the student for a career identified through the Governor’s High Demand Career Initiative and that falls within one of the Trade Five industries (manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, logistics, film or construction);
4. plan to enroll in a TCSG institution no later than Summer 2017;
5. demonstrate in an essay (500 words or less) how this scholarship will benefit the applicant and his/her future educational plans;
6. include a letter of recommendation from a high school instructor, counselor, administrator, or Trade Five industry partner;
7. provide a copy of the TCSG acceptance letter or class schedule; and,
8. be registered in the Trade Five website database,
9. include all required documentation must be included at the time of submission.
Scholarships will be awarded three times per year in spring, summer and fall. The deadlines for applications are as follows: September 29 (fall), December 15 (spring), March 30 (summer).
Please see the following link for more information https://www.cognitoforms.com/GDECD1/TradeFiveScholarship.