Who is Eligible?
A graduating senior who:
- Is a current member of a high school PTSA that is a member of South Cobb Council of PTAs
- Has a grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Will attend a vocational/technical school or college/university during the upcoming school year.
Eligible students must submit:
- A completed Scholarship application.
- Certified High School Transcript. It should include all academic credit through the first semester or quarter of the 12th grade as well as cumulative G.P.A.
- Proof of current PTSA membership (a copy of membership card).
- A complete essay on the assigned topic; not to exceed two (2) pages (see scholarship application).
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or guidance counselor and a character reference letter from an adult who is not a family member.
- Scholarship packets (located in the PHS Guidance Office) must be postmarked on or before March 31, 2016. Submit scholarship packet to: South Cobb Council Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 1552, Mableton, GA 30126. Incomplete and/or late scholarship packets will not be considered.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the South Cobb Council Scholarship Committee. A scholarship will be awarded to one student from each high school that is a member of South Cobb Council of PTAs. Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 2, 2016.
- Scholarship checks will be mailed to recipients and made payable to the student upon receipt of enrollment verification by the South Cobb Council of PTA.
- If you have any questions, please contact South Cobb Council Scholarship Chair, Michele Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org or (917) 572-9241.